Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Winter 2010/2011

And what a winter it has been. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "Winter Wonderland" :) We've had some really high, high's and some really low, low's this season. The highest point would be welcoming our sweet little Daxton Wayne into the world on Dec 15, 2010, weighing in at 7lbs 12oz, 19in long. He has beautiful blue eyes and is a handsome little man. He has a smile that lights up my heart. He is 8 wks today and is coo-ing, smiling, grabbing and eating eating eating. Sometimes he wants to eat every hour.

Kyleigh seems to be getting more jealous by the day but dealing with it okay for now. She has hit the terrible two's head-on! She can throw one massive fit in the floor. Rolling around, screaming, kicking, crying...you name it,she does it. And don't even bother looking, talking or laughing at her if she doesn't want you to because you're sure to get told on! The boys can hardly have a meal without getting tattled on because they looked at her. She's quite the character! The "real" Kyleigh is quite the princess. She likes to dress herself, get her hair put up in ponytails, LOVES shoes, will pick pink any day! She has become quite the Elmo freak too. She just loves him. I finally have a buddy for Disney movies! The boys never liked them (and that's okay, I don't suppose they are supposed to) so I've had to wait to have an excuse to watch them more than once a year :0). Now we're working on our collection.

Brayson is going through middle child syndrome again. He loves Dax and wants to hold him but he is very defiant towards Jason and I. He is even getting into a bit of trouble at school which is SO unlike him. He's gotten better over the past few days. I hope it sticks!

Trevor is doing about the same. Just doing teenage boy things. Listening to music, reading and just being a boy. He's ready for Jason to get the other bedroom ready so he can kick Brayson out of his room.

So the low point of this winter were the snow storms...yes, plural. The first time we received 21", then 3", then 8"....all in 9 days. I was snowed in the house for two weeks with 4 kids! By snowed in, I mean we didn't leave the house! I literaly thought I might lose it a few times. We all managed to make it out alive.

We all finally got out of the house together on Sat and went to Mathis Brothers to look at new furniture for the living room and much to my disbelief, they all behaved rather well...same for dinner and Target afterwards.

While we were snowed in and Trevor & Brayson were driving me nuts, I decided to make a Chore Chart so they could start earning an allowance. It actually is working out quite well. I'm very surprised! We even got a rare "Thank You" from Brayson after we gave him his $5 and took them to Target to spend it. He even said he had a good time with us...as everyone close to him knows that he never has a good time doing anything and no one ever gets him good presents for his birthday or Christmas (his own words). I hope this continues to work fairly well.

Maybe I won't take 3 months to update next time :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Annie I love this blog! You make me laugh because I think I can totally relate in a lot of ways. I'm just in awe of how you do it all and do it all so well!
I can't believe I still haven't met Dax! Maybe this summer next time we come visit?