Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where is Spring?

I'm pretty tired of all the cold weather by now. I'm sure most everyone is, especially us here in the midwest all the way to the east coast line. I hope we do not get anymore snow but I'm sure we will before March 20th arrives. Of course, we did get snow in April last year so I'm not going to count my chickens until May!

Everyone is doing pretty well at our house. Kyleigh has turned one since my last post and she had a wonderful little party. She's doing pretty well right now. I will say that she is our little drama queen! She says: Mama, daddy, more, I did it, yes, no and her own little words that no one understands. She signs: more, bath and thank you. She listens very well. She will go get most things that I ask her too. I think it makes her feel like a big girl when she gets to retrieve things. She loves to throw her diapers away. Don't you dare try to take it to the trash can for her...that results in a "throw herself to the floor, kicking and screaming" fit. She's a doll!

Brayson is a little smart-alec these days, but still a great little boy. He'll be turning 6 in March. That seems to be all we hear about. I've had his present bought since December!!! That's a shocker! Today is his Valentine's Day party at school and he is WAY excited about it. He just loves doing those things at school. I really don't even know what he does or what he eats at school because the little booger won't tell me. Any time I ask him what he did or ate, he responds with "I don't know" or "I can't remember"...ugh! His teacher isn't the friendliest so I don't communicate with her very often. In fact, I try not to. We are just trying to get through kindergarten and get to 1st grade. I've never had a problem with any of the teachers until her. Jason is, again, coaching his baseball team and that starts in mid-March. Of course all Brayson is focused on is playing football next year. Lol. It oughta be a sight with this group of boys. They are so wild!

Trevor is doing pretty well. He is a pre-teen, so we deal with quite a bit of attitude (imagine that) but he has matured quite a bit since the start of the school year. I am really looking forward to the next few years with him. It's exciting to watch your kids grow up and wonder what they will be in their adult lives. He's still a big video gamer and artist. He draws constantly and that reflects in his school work. We are working on separating school work from drawing time. I guess he thinks any time he has a pencil in his hand, it's okay to draw.....I really hope he goes to art school some day. I've already been looking at a school in Savannah, Georgia that I think he would love. I know, I know; he's only 11 but planning ahead is always good right?? Haha.

Jason and I are going to celebrate Valentines Day this Sat. Even though I think V-day is stupid, it's still a good reason for a date with my sweetie! We hope to go see the movie "Valentine's Day", eat a sushi appetizer and then go to the Melting Pot. We have reservations at 9 for TMP. I'm so excited to eat there. We haven't been in 4 years or so.

Well, that's all I have time for now. Hopefully it won't take me almost 6 months to write again :)

No comments: